At the beginning of the year, I knew we had a big to-do list of things we would need to accomplish. At the same time, I didn’t want to stress out. So, instead of setting New Year’s resolutions or goals, I came up with some “hopes.” We failed pretty miserably in January but did a lot better job on our February hopes… and as for March, we did pretty good this past month too. I’m proud of us 🙂
(My original hopes will be in bold and the update will be in regular text.)
1. Start our master closet. Well, we have it planned out in our heads… I think. We’re not going to do this closet but once so it has to be right the first time. That’s a tall order to fill people! Now we need to get our supplies… wood, nails, screws, etc. Home Depot here we come. It’s our home away from home.
2. Get some work done on the Etheridge house. Boy have we ever gotten some work done at the Etheridge house. Well, I say we, it was more J.C. than me. I really need to brag on him for a second because he is such a hard worker. He is the last thing from lazy and even feels worthless if he isn’t doing something. I can relate because my father is the same way… and it’s instilled in me just a bit as well.
We bought a spray rig and went to town on half the house. We also worked on sanding and deglossing the kitchen cabinets to get them ready for a makeover. I’ll try to show you the progress we’ve made sometime next week on the bedrooms and main living areas. Here’s a post about the cabinet work we’ve done and a little photo to go with…
3. Get a start on Little Man’s room. Check!! I finally had the nerve to nail down some fabric and a rug. I shared all of that info in this post… and here’s where we are heading in case you missed it!
4. Hang the curtains in our master bedroom. Well… we have two windows in there and we have the curtains and rods hung on one of the windows. So, I guess that means we only got 50% on this hope accomplished. But it does look so much better… even though the other window isn’t dressed yet. And don’t you worry. I’ve been working on our bedroom lately to get it tidied up and will be posting some pictures really soon!
5. Post about a few things that I’m WAY behind on:
-Show off our flooring– In a round about way you guys finally got to see our flooring when I showed you the living room furniture. I still want to write a post about the flooring to give you all the specifics, how we are liking them, maintenance/cleaning, etc. I’ll get to it eventually 🙂
-Show you what we’ve accomplished in our bedroom (set up a bed, put in a dresser and a rug, installed bamboo blinds- not much but better than nothing)– Yeah, I get a big fat ZERO on this assignment. But, I did just promise you that I’d be showing you all the details very soon didn’t I?!
-Show you our new living room furniture, which by the way we are loving!!– Woo hoo! Got this hope knocked out. I finally showed off our living room furniture! Here’s a little eye candy just in case you haven’t seen it yet.
And beware, if you come over and sit in those recliners, it will be extremely difficult to leave. You may just want to bring your pajamas and spend the night. FYI- I forgot to mention last time that these chairs aren’t maroon. They are a nice warm, caramel brown leather. I just don’t know how to use my camera… that’s all 🙂
So, we actually got quite a few things done in March. And some things that weren’t on the list got done too. I spent 7 hours straight (seriously… without any breaks) on the house the other day. It felt SO good to get things done. I emptied boxes, threw junk away, stored items that we don’t use on a daily basis, etc.! You might say I’m nesting. I told J.C. that I think I’m turning into a mom. He just smiled.
Anyways, I’ve got some big hopes for April as well and will share those by the end of the week. Question… do you like these posts? I post them because I hope to inspire my readers to make hopes each month and then hopefully “reach” or accomplish those hopes. Leave me a comment below to tell me if you enjoy these types of posts! And as always, thanks for stopping by!!!